Esteemed Contributor

Re: Another 2* Olympian ...

Congratulations Steven!
Rgds,
Art
Sandman!
Honored Contributor

Congratulations SEP and keep up the good work. Gained lots from your postings.

:)
MarkSyder
Honored Contributor

Congratulations SEP.

Mark Syder (like the drink but spelt different)
The triumph of evil requires only that good men do nothing
Senthil Prabu.S_1
Trusted Contributor

Hi,
Congrates!!!! Steve....

Keep going...:-)

Cheers,
Prabu.S
One man's "magic" is another man's engineering. "Supernatural" is a null word.
Rita C Workman
Honored Contributor

Congratulations Sir....

Very much earned and far more deserved !
It has been my honor to enjoy your insights on so many topics.

Hope can make it to Vegas. With that much travel time some other folks might get a chance to rack up some points before you get there.

...again....Congrats Stephen !

Shalom,
Rita
Deoncia Grayson_1
Honored Contributor

Congratulations and keep up the great work!!
it has been a privilege read your posts...

thanks!
If no one ever took risks, Michelangelo would have painted the Sistine floor. -Neil Simon
Steven E. Protter
Exalted Contributor
Solution

Shalom to all,

It is a great honor to be recognized in this fashion.

I am humbled by the knowledge and wisdom of the people that occupy the top ten point slots in ITRC.

I was delayed in my reply because due to the holidays and personal circumstances, I was though posting to ITRC, not focused and missed the thread.

Thanks to Rob for posting it, it came at a good time.

I have tried to be quick, accurate, helpful and friendly throughout my 4 years of actual posting to ITRC. I have not always succeeded, but I think I do a credible job.

In the past two years, I've moved halfway around the world. I have gone from being highly literate in the society I was born to being functionally illiterate in Israeli society. That a stress of high proportion and it has taken its toll in my personal life.

I realized upon posting of this thread that the key to fixing these problems is to take an ITRC approach to other aspects of my life.

I have moved from a dead end career in Chicago to a promising one in a growing company in Jerusalem. Many of the Israeli's in ITRC assisted me, with good advice. A special thank you to all of you, especially Alex Lavrov.

I have always tried to be peaceful and friendly, taking extra special care to answer the posts of my neighbors in this region. I am hopeful that at some point, with people connecting on a personal level and true compromise I can be living in a peaceful region.

News:
HP Technology Forum rejected my proposals. I'm not coming, nor I even plan to request an 18 hour flight. I'll see about doing something in Europe instead.

I really enjoyed meeting A. Clay Stephenson, and the rest of the gang in Houston. I have the greatest respect for both of you.

I've considered retiring from ITRC a number of times an decided against it. In troubled times personally, to stop doing something positive is not a step that contributes anything.

I will continue to post and try and improve the quality of my posts to match those of A. Clay Stephenson, Bill Hassell, Pete Randall, JRF, Patrick Walleck and our dear Princess, Rita Workman in West Virginia.

My approach to ITRC is do what I can and see what happens. I am not trying to pass anyone, though I do admit to getting paranoid at times about being passed. Its about quality and helping people.

I appreciate your thoughts, your prayers, and your continued good will.

Regards and Thanks,

Happiness in all your endeavors.

Steven "Shmuel" Protter
ITRC Two star Olympian
Waiting for another hat to go for.
Hoping to meet A. Clay's time criteria for advancement(about time?)
Unix Systems Administrator
HP-UX CSA
RHCE

But most important.

SEP

Humbly yours. Hope JRF liked the speech.
Steven E Protter
Owner of ISN Corporation
http://isnamerica.com
http://hpuxconsulting.com
Sponsor: http://hpux.ws
Twitter: http://twitter.com/hpuxlinux
Founder http://newdatacloud.com
James R. Ferguson
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi Steven:

> Hope JRF liked the speech.

Yes, indeed, I *do* like your note! I hope to have the pleasure of meeting you personally one day too. As our Irish friends might say, "May the road rise up to meet your feet".

In the meantime, enjoy your well-deserved accolades!

Warmest regards!

...JRF...
Sameer_Nirmal
Honored Contributor

Congratulations Steven!!!
Great Job!

Now Clay is no more lonely.

I think HP ITRC has to comeup with a new HAT.

Raj D.
Honored Contributor

SEP ,

Congratulaions!! on reaching the top of the mountain. your contributions are huge.. , and hope you will have a big celebration on this big occasion. Again congratulations, excellent work on completing such a long distance,

Raj,
" If u think u can , If u think u cannot , - You are always Right . "