Operating System - Microsoft
1747984 Members
4887 Online
108756 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Any Advantages of Reader 7 over Reader 6.0.3?

Jay Bollyn
Honored Contributor

Any Advantages of Reader 7 over Reader 6.0.3?

Any Advantages of Reader 7 over Reader 6.0.3?

Any problems with Reader 7?

Thanks for any info.

:-) Jay
check Facebook
14 REPLIES 14
Roger Faucher
Honored Contributor

Jay:

Here's a link to what Adobe says about it:

http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html

I can vouch for the faster part...it seems quite a bit faster to me. I've been installing 7 everywhere and no problems to report (as is usually the case with Adobe Reader, at least for me).

Make a great day!

Roger
Make a great day!

Roger
Gary Cooper_1
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Jay,

The most noticable improvement for me was the fact that you can now use Ctrl+Scroll to change the magnification of the page - a facility that's been long needed.

It does seem a little quicker too.

Regards,

Gary
Jay Bollyn
Honored Contributor

It does seem like Reader 7 is faster than Reader 6. I am going to install R7 on a few test machines. We are heavy users of PDF files, both viewing and printing. So this needs to be a carefully planned rollout, not an impulse decision.

check Facebook
Omar Senussi
Honored Contributor

Concur withe the guys re performance.. I found 6 a bit of a dog after v5.. but 7 definitely seems to put it back on track..
If you can keep your head whilst all around you are losing theirs... You haven't understood the situation!
Jay Bollyn
Honored Contributor

Is there any way to remove/gray out the 'Lock Toolbars' function on the R7 toolbar? (after the toolbar has been locked)

I don't want public users to be able to change the R7 toolbar after I have locked it.

How about a way to remove the advertising button on the right side of the R7 toolbar?

check Facebook
Omar Senussi
Honored Contributor

Remove Yahoo button?? Right click on the toolbar and uncheck "search the internet"
If you can keep your head whilst all around you are losing theirs... You haven't understood the situation!
Jay Bollyn
Honored Contributor

The Yahoo button is easily removed, but as long as the 'Lock Toolbars' function is still available, the user can unlock the R7 toolbar and change the button layout, which I do not want to allow, on public PCs.

The advertising button I was referring to says various things, like 'One PDF, many files', 'Adobe Reader 7.0', 'PDF eBooks read one for free', etc. Really annoying.

check Facebook
Omar Senussi
Honored Contributor

I managed to blank it by adding a couple of tools eg edit & find and dragging them into the area.. At least you don't see tha panel you are referring to!
Still looking into the lock function..
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

I might have overlooked it on older versions, but greatest thing for me is that I can now search in all .PDF files in a directory tree:

CONTROL+SHIFT+F, Look in -> Browse for Location

On the other hand, it seems to develop some deep links into the operating systems as some changes required a reboot :-(