1752618 Members
4552 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Apache, date

Kathleen
Regular Advisor

Apache, date

How do I update the date on Apache web server? We are running it on HP-UX 11.0 with Openmail 7.0. When we check messages in the Omgui client, the dates just perfect. If we look at them in the openmail web client we are using with apache, they show up with a time stamp of 10 hours later. So, I am assuming this is a setting that needs to be adjusted in apache....but how?
6 REPLIES 6
Marco Paganini
Respected Contributor

Re: Apache, date

Hello Kathleen,

I didn't understand exactly what timestamp are you talking about. If you check your apache log files, what date/time do you see there? Aren't you getting confused with the date you started the process (shown in ps)?

Regards,
Paga
Keeping alive, until I die.
Kathleen
Regular Advisor

The date of the openmail message. When we look at it through the openmail client, it looks fine. But when we view the same message in the web client, it shows a time in the future. So I am assuming that this relates to the time stamp for apache? When looking through the omgui client, the messages show with the correct time (that corresponds with the unix clock)
someone_4
Honored Contributor

What time does your web client say?

Kathleen
Regular Advisor

The email message I sent at 11:38 shows as 23:38 in the web version of openmail. Beyond that, I am not sure how to check the time on the apache web server. Does it automatically take the time of the unix server or does it have its own date set somewhere? I am just wondering why the times are different depending on what client I am using...exact same message though.
Kathleen
Regular Advisor

11:38am the message was sent at...just to clarify
A. Clay Stephenson
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi Kathleen:

You could try to set the TZ variable in your htppd startup script:
e.g.
export TZ=AST10ADT
but I suspect that the real problem is that the CGI code used to display mail needs to examine the TZ variable.
If it ain't broke, I can fix that.