Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
General
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Armada 1700 - No sound card, RedHat 8.0

SOLVED
Go to solution
Robert H. Gieseler
Occasional Visitor

Armada 1700 - No sound card, RedHat 8.0

My sound card is not detected by RedHat Linux 8.0 neither during installation nor manually running the Sound Card Configuration Tool. I had Windows NT 4.0 installed prior and the sound was working. So I know the hardware is operational. I was told I could edit the /etc/modules.conf file and this might work, but I do not no the values to enter. Could someone please provide me with a solution so my sound could work under RedHat 8.0. Thanks in advance for your help.

1 REPLY
Duarte Santos
Occasional Advisor
Solution

Re: Armada 1700 - No sound card, RedHat 8.0

Install the sndconfig rpm and as root sndconfig, that's because you're soundboard is not plun and play
IT Manager