108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Asia Pacific ITRC Customers : Help HP Better Understand ITRC Performance

SOLVED
Go to solution
Kimberly Ann
Honored Contributor

Asia Pacific ITRC Customers : Help HP Better Understand ITRC Performance

HP is working hard to better understand our Asia Pacific customers performance experience on the ITRC. In order to do this, if you are located in AP we need your help.

The ITRC forums community has an excellent history of facilitating HP???s ability to serve the ITRC user base. The AP ITRC team is hoping to draw on this spirit of participation to help better understand your performance experience of the ITRC and its many services in Asia Pacific.

We have fortified the ITRC web site with Web Transaction Observer Client Monitor, a lightweight component that allows the web site to monitor the end-user response time experience. Once installed, WTO provides HP with information about your response time experience in Asia Pacific, thus improving our understanding of ITRC performance in your country, helping us to diagnose performance problems and serve you better.

Understanding this ???end-to-end??? performance experience of our Asia Pacific customers is of particular importance to us as you are more exposed to ITRC performance overheads by virtue of system geography and ISP peering.

This is why we need your help.

If you are interested in helping us, please provide your email address, ITRC user ID and country of residence at http://atwnt456.external.hp.com/wto/ActivX_U.asp then simply click install. There is an automated plug in test at this web page to validate correct installation.

HP will provide online participation and country performance progress updates at http://primus.itrc.asiapac.hp.com/reports/reports.htm updated monthly.

If you have any questions, please feel free to post them to this thread.

FAQ???s:
1. The component is not visible and does not interfere with your normal browser operation.
2. The component only captures and reports the content of your web browser address bar, and the response time to access ITRC web pages.
3. Your activity on non-hp websites is not captured nor visible to us.
4. The information reported by the component is for internal use only and will not be used for any marketing or resale purposes.
5. The component only works with Internet Explorer version 4.0 and later.

Regards,
Dan
9 REPLIES 9
Steven Sim Kok Leong
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi Dan,

I have it installed and tested on my notebook, the only system that I have relaxed security controls.

Btw, the link to the installation URL from the parent link is wrong (there was an extra 'e' character):

From web page:

http://primus.itrc.asiapac.hp.com/

It should be:

http://atwnt456.external.hp.com/wto/ActivX_U.asp

Instead of:

http://atwnt456.external.hp.com/wto/activex_u.asp

in the portion of the html code.

Hope this helps. Regards.

Steven Sim Kok Leong
Hong-Wee Aw

Hi Steven,

Thank you so much for highlighting that error which we have since corrected.

Regards,
HW
Wodisch
Honored Contributor

hi Dan,

could you post the steps to "un-install" the Active/X applet for those who don't want it any more?
I seem to remember "difficulties" with the WTO 3.0 version, where you first had to manually delete it from an Windows-Explorer Registry Key, before you could delete it from within the Windows-Explorer GUI...
But I have not checked this for the version you use!

Kind Regards,
Wodisch
Stuart Elflett
Honored Contributor

Installing it now Dan - it does work with Opera 6, doesn't it?? I've given up on Explorer these days... Opera is just so much quicker...

Hey Wodisch, there is a 'You may uninstall at anytime by clicking here' link on each page - is that what you were after??

Cheers,
Stuart Elflett
Dataman
May the best of your past be the worst of your future...
Hong-Wee Aw

Hi Wodisch,

Yes, please follow the link to uninstall the component as mentioned by Stuart.

The removal process involves 2 steps:

One is to remove the ActiveX component (which you can follow the instructions in that link, or you can remove the object HPOVASMD.BrowserSensor from IE's Internet Options/General/Settings).

The other step is to clear the ActiveX config file (from another step within that link).

Regards,
HW
Stuart Elflett
Honored Contributor

Hi Dan,

Trying a reinstall as it's still not testing as working, and when I get to stage 3 (I think - it redirects the browser to http://atwnt456.external.hp.com/wto/ActivX_URL.asp and closes the current window) it's giving a 'Page not found error'...

Cheers,
Stuart Elflett
Dataman

P.S. Explorer 6, if that makes a difference...
Hong-Wee Aw

Hi Stuart,
I'm kinda confused..did you experience the stage-3 problem with IE6 or Opera 6?

-HW
Stuart Elflett
Honored Contributor

Sorry, didn't make that too clear - the error is with Internet Explorer 6.0.2600 - figured it might have been worth upgrading and seeing how it went, as the activeX certainly doesn't seem interested in working with Opera 6...

Cheers,
Stuart Elflett
Dataman
Hong-Wee Aw

Hi Stuart,

We have had good experiences with IE6 before. Have you retried that? Perhaps before you re-try, please go to the "uninstall" function first as I suspect the component HPOVASMD would have been already downloaded.

If it's alright with you, I'd like to take this off-line.

-HW