New Discussion юеВ

Auto Shutdown Happen

SOLVED
Go to solution
tdmahendran
Advisor

Auto Shutdown Happen

Hello Everybody

Yesterday My Server was Automatically get Shutdown.After started the server some error showing in syslog.log..i am not Understanding what is the problem any body Help me sort out this issue
Error Pasted Here
Mar 12 23:16:59 APBWPDB krsd[2933]: Delay time is 300 seconds
Mar 12 23:16:59 APBWPDB sfd[2934]: recovering from previous daemon crash.
Thanku
Mahen
8 REPLIES 8
Peter Godron
Honored Contributor

Re: Auto Shutdown Happen

Mahen,
messages just inform you that the daemon crashed and was restarted.
See
man krsd
Senthil Kumar .A_1
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Did your server automatically shutdown or chrashed. There is a difference. The data given is not sufficient, are there any other data in the syslog.log file. Please also give us the following outputs.

uptime
cat /etc/shutdownlog
ll /var/tombstones/ts99
dmesg

regards,
Senthil Kumar .A
Let your effort be such, the very words to define it, by a layman - would sound like a "POETRY" ;)
Vipulinux
Respected Contributor

Hi

krsd ├в kernel registry services daemon

The syslog shows that krsd had crashed, did you made any changes to the kernel??

That could be a possibility.
Once restarted had the server gone down again?

Cheers
tdmahendran
Advisor

Thanks For Quick Reply But IN

/etc/shutdownlog there is no entries.

In /var/tombstones/ts99 found Some Entries

From There i am not able to find out any error
here i am attached the ts99 file

pls help ..
Thanku
mahen
Senthil Kumar .A_1
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Trying to decode the ts99.

Meanwhile can you check the mail as root. run "mailx" command and check whether you have any mail from EMS sytem.

Also check the following log file for any information,

/var/opt/resmon/log/event.log

regards,
Senthil Kumar .A
Let your effort be such, the very words to define it, by a layman - would sound like a "POETRY" ;)
HGN
Honored Contributor

Hi

The inputs you have received would have helped you,if this issue is resolved you can assign points and close this thread.Looks like you have not assigned any points. People are spending their valuable time helping out.

Rgds

HGN
Kent Ostby
Honored Contributor
Solution

Mahen --

There are no entries in the ts99 file that are of any value meaning that it was not an HPMC that crashed the system.

Try the following.

cd to /var/adm/crash

Type:

savecrash -rv .

This will save a crash dump and update the /etc/shutdownlog if there is a crash dump to be saved.

If there isn't a crash dump, then most likely your system failed due to power issues.

This could be a power supply, a power switch (especially if this is a D class), or a UPS or building power issue.

If there is a crash dump saved when you run savecrash command above, cd into the crash directory.

Check the INDEX for the time of the crash (there are two internal timestamps in the INDEX file .. one is savetime and the other is the time of the actual crash).

If the CRASH time is from the time of your failure then you may want to post the /etc/shutdownlog message here for further help.

If the CRASH time is really old then you just re-saved a dump from a long ago failure and you should treat this like the power outage mentioned above.

Oz
"Well, actually, she is a rocket scientist" -- Steve Martin in "Roxanne"
tdmahendran
Advisor

Thanku Kent Ostby

Thanku for ur reply Theris no Entries in /var/adm/crash And i tried as per ur instr
savecrash -rv..There is No File in /var/adm/crash That Directory That's Why Its Giving Error..And What To Do..

Its Connected In Superswitch..On that switch We r Connected 3 servers..Other 2 servers working fine..