1753761 Members
4565 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Auto adjustment in progress

sainath

Auto adjustment in progress

Hi

Monitor contineously showing "autoadjustment in progress" message and refused to go away. I have tried with new monitor still the same problem. Also tried antivirus version upgradation and updating chipset and display drivers.
Can any one help in this ?
2 REPLIES 2
Paul Sperry
Honored Contributor

Re: Auto adjustment in progress

My auto adjust always happened at LOG ON not shut down so don't know if this will work for you or not. Right click on desktop, Properties, settings, Advanced, & Monitor. Check to see if screen refresh is set at 60 Hertz, if not, set it at 60 then hit apply and okay. This happens to me with a power outage, I've found if it happens again and it's set at 60 I change it to 75 and it seems to fix it. I have to alternate each time it happens. Seems none of the other things that have worked in the past work anymore. Hope this helps.
Daniel_Lee

Re: Auto adjustment in progress

I found a recent posting by someone else with the same problem, and what I do works for them as well.
Click "turn off computer," but do not turn it off. Your wallpaper turns the typical "gray" colour in shut-down preparation. On your monitor, press the plus button (+). This executes an auto adjust. Repeat this a few times until that annoying, flashing message stops.