108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Automatic File Copy?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Robie Lutsey
Frequent Advisor

Automatic File Copy?

Hey Microsoft people! I usually don't post in this forum but I have a quick question. I am looking for some software (or easy to use script) to automatically copy files from one Windows Box to another. Now I am going to have end users using this software so it's got to be easy.

Ok. Lemme know! Points for ALL!! Thanks!!

-Cliff
6 REPLIES 6
Roger Faucher
Honored Contributor
Solution

Cliff:

If they're Windows XP computers, Synchronization Manager might do what you want. Here is some infor from WinXP Help and Support:

Synchronization Manager overview
Using Synchronization Manager, you can control when your offline files are synchronized with files on the network. This ensures that you have the latest information from your network or from the Internet when you need it, while minimizing the disruption to work on your system.

You can have Synchronization Manager automatically synchronize the information that is available to you offline in a number of ways:

Every time you log on or off your computer, or both.
At specific intervals while your computer is idle.
At scheduled times.
These options can be used in various combinations for offline files for each shared source.

Synchronization Manager compares items on the network to those that you opened or updated while working offline, and then makes the most current version available to both the computer and the network. Among the items you can synchronize are individual files, entire folders, and offline Web pages. Synchronization Manager provides a single location where you can go to synchronize any shared files that have been made available offline, regardless of the type of file or of the program that was used to make the file available offline.

Note

Files must be shared before they can be used with Offline Files. Once shared, files will display in the list of available items to synchronize.
Users must first share a file or folder, or it will not display in the list of available items to synchronize.

Hope this helps!

Roger
Make a great day!

Roger
Robie Lutsey
Frequent Advisor

Roger,

Thanks for the info! Can I use this on NFS shares?
Paul Sperry
Honored Contributor

Not sure if this is what you are looking for but it's worth a look, and you can dowload a free demo version. It should work over NFS as long as you are still using DiskAccess and DiskShare.
http://www.omg-inc.com/WhatIsDcw.htm

O ya, as allways say hi to Ken ;)
Paul Sperry
Honored Contributor

Hey Cliff
Would you be interested in some C-class
HP Boxes (allmost free)
Robie Lutsey
Frequent Advisor

Paul,

Email me at cliffi@tgstech.com. I'd think I might be interested in those machines. Send me the specs!

Thanks!!

Cliff
James Bailey_2
Frequent Advisor

To: Paul S

Please Provide a List of Class C HP Boxes. We are always looking for used HP Boxes