4892 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Automatic shutdown

NAJMUS
Advisor

Automatic shutdown

Hi everybody
I am initial in Unix and I want to configure my server connected in UPS to do an automatic shutdown.
Thks for your help
5 REPLIES 5
Steffi Jones_1
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Automatic shutdown

Hello,

this qurestion is not too clear.
Do you want to test the functionality of the UPS? Or do you want a scheduled reboot?

You can look into setting up a cron job to run the shutdown command .

Steffi Jones
Rob Smith
Respected Contributor

What kind of UPS do you have on your server. If it is a HP Power Trust then the configuration file is /etc/ups_conf. If it is a APC the configuration files are located in /usr/lib/powerchute. You can also configure a HP UPS through sam. Hope this helps.

Rob

Learn the rules so you can break them properly.
Mark Vollmers
Esteemed Contributor

If you have an APC UPS system, you really need the Powerchute software to handle it. You have to buy it, but you can use it to run tests and also configure it to shutdown when the server has been on battery for x long. You can't use the UPS option in SAM if you have the APC battery.

Mark
"We apologize for the inconvience" -God's last message to all creation, from Douglas Adams "So Long and Thanks for all the Fish"
Rob Smith
Respected Contributor

Mark brings up an excellent point. Make sure you have the Powerchute software if it is a APC ups. Last time I bought it it was 115.00$ and I don't think it has changed in 4 years!!!

Rob

Learn the rules so you can break them properly.
Jim Mulshine
Frequent Advisor

If the UPS is a Fiskars or Powerware the the software you'll need is LanSafe III.