3389 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: BL860c I2 INCONSTATE bugcheck in SYS$KBDDRIVER+15ed0

Adrian Graham_1
Regular Advisor

BL860c I2 INCONSTATE bugcheck in SYS$KBDDRIVER+15ed0

Folks,

We had the aforementioned blade crash badly earlier today and come straight back up. There's nothing in the event logs other than 'I had a bugcheck' and SDA is telling me the crash was an ACCVIO in SYS$KBDDRIVER with related links to SYS$HIDDRIVER and SYS$HIDDRIVER - all input devices when none are connected as everything is IP based, though I've noticed in OPERATOR.LOG there were login requests just before the crash.

No processes are shown running on any of the cores, but is it possible a mangled login attempt took the machine down?

Anyone seen this before? The other 7 blades haven't done this (yet) and they're all at the same FW levels and patch levels.

Puzzling...

Cheers!

Adrian

3 REPLIES 3
Volker Halle
Honored Contributor

Adrian, you didn't specify the OpenVMS I64 version and the installed patches, so we need to guess... With a release date of 29-OCT-2012, there is patch VMS84I_USB-V0100, which talks about crash problems in this driver and has the most recent SYS$KBDDRIVER for OpenVMS I64 V8.4 Please check, whether this patch is installed on your systems. Volker.
fhsjvl
Frequent Advisor

HP say you need to install two things:

- The OpenVMS USB patch kit mentioned by Volker Halle and

- the newest firmware for your system (for the rx2800 i2 system this is bundle 26.35, I do not know what it is for your blade).

Adrian Graham_1
Regular Advisor

Hi folks,

Apologies for a lack of response, I've not been able to access the community for a few days, turns out my laptop just needed a reboot :)

It's 8.4 with all patches up to May last year so we'll get the USB patch installed and see what happens. The blades are already at the latest firmware revision.

Cheers!