1753396 Members
7552 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Bios password

sreek
Occasional Contributor

Bios password

I Have forgotten the bios password. my system configuration is HP dc7600. If any default password or any method to recover pls. provide me with that.
4 REPLIES 4
DCE
Honored Contributor

Re: Bios password

Sreek,

Sometime removing the battery from the motherboard, and leaving it out overnight (with the system powered down and unplugged) will cause the system to lose its bios settings (including the bios password)
sreek
Occasional Contributor

The HP DC7600 is having in-built locking technology. we u enter into bios and we have to un-lock the cabit bonet. with out password we cannot open the bonet.

pls. guide me
DCE
Honored Contributor

You will have to contact HP directly

go to ww.hp.com and do a search for HP dc7600

once there go to support, and go to online support. You will get a person who will work with you. You will need to provide proof of ownership, and they should be able to reset the password.........
TKeller
Frequent Advisor

On normal boards, there's two ways. There's either a 2 or 3 pin jumper that you either clear or close for 10 seconds before putting it back to normal. The other method is removing the battery physically for about 10 seconds. Both clear the CMOS entirely so you'll have to reset all your options.
It is said you should treat your body like a temple. I treat mine like an amusement park.