1753705 Members
4677 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Boot halt on dv6000z with Fedora 7

Robertson_1
Occasional Contributor

Boot halt on dv6000z with Fedora 7

Boot intermittently halts around the PCI probe, last line displayed is around these:

PCI: Probing PCI hardware (bus 00)
Boot video device is 0000:00:05.0
0000:00:0d.0: cannot adjust BAR0 (not I/O)

This happens on about 50% of the boots. When it doesnt happen, boot proceeds and all is OK. When it does happen, Have to restart with the power button. I have tried various kernel boot options, but none seem to fix this particular problem. Whats odd is that its intermittent and things are fine when it doesnt happen, even with no boot options.

Some info:

Pretty much stock dv6000z with AMD Turion(TM) 64 X2 Dual-Core TL-56(1.8GHz/1MB)
Nvidia 6150
2 gig ram
120GB hd
Linux version 2.6.20-1.3059.fc7

Any boot option suggestions?
1 REPLY 1
John Collier
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Boot halt on dv6000z with Fedora 7

Not sure that this is the best place to discuss the Beta versions of FC7. Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of sharp cookies here, but I think there might be better places to communicate with others interested in troubleshooting the FC7 Beta project.

Personally, I would start at http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Communicate and then I would go to http://www.fedoraforum.org as well.

My home is pretty much exclusively FC at the moment and I have been using the Fedora Forum pretty much as my end-all-be-all for quite some time.

When it is a general Linux question that is not really FC specific, I will come here first simply because there is more general Linux knowledge in this single forum than I have been able to find in any other single place.

But for an issue such as yours, I think I would take it to the people that eat, drink, sleep, and breath Fedora Core.
"I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good, therefore, that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." Stephen Krebbet, 1793-1855