108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Bug messages

SOLVED
Go to solution
J├╝rgen M├╝ller
Occasional Advisor

Bug messages

I have found a bug in HP-UX 10.20, but I nowhere find an e-mail address to send a bug message.
6 REPLIES 6
Alex Glennie
Honored Contributor

Re: Bug messages

Are you 110 % sure its a bug ? If you are report it to your local HP Response Centre via your support contract, if not post it here.

I'm heading home now, but will look into it tomorrow, if it's a genuine new defect someone from HP will pick it up and review it ...

Include O/S , patch level , what applications or commands etc are used to reproduce the error at will.
erics_1
Honored Contributor

Juergen,

What is the error/bug that you are encountering? If you wish to submit a bug report to HP, I suggest that you open a software call through the Response Center. They can submit that report for you. You can use the ITRC to generate a software call or use the 800-633-3600 support number.

Best Regards,
Eric
Patrick Wallek
Honored Contributor

What is the message that you are seeing? Chances are that someone else has seen it as well, especially at 10.20, and there may be patch that will fix your problem.

If you have a software support contract, your best bet is to call the HP Response Center. You can also post software issue through the itrc as well by going to:

http://itrc.hp.com

Then you click on the link to 'software call manager' and follow the prompts.
J├╝rgen M├╝ller
Occasional Advisor

Problems with /sbin/auto_parms

Header of auto_parms:
RCS: $Header: auto_parms,v 10.28.1 2000/08/06 00:00:00 hmgr Exp $

HP-UX:
HP-UX rw0012 B.10.20 A 9000/778 2011252609 Lizenz f??r zwei Benutzer
(2-user license)

Description:
This script should enable DHCP.
But DHCP will not be enabled when I set the parameter DHCP_ENABLE[0]=1 in /etc/rc.config.d/netconf.

The error appears at line 1139:
status=$(ch_rc -l -p DHCP_ENABLE[$index])
returns
but should return only 1
I changed this line to
status=$(ch_rc -l -p DHCP_ENABLE[$index]|tail -1)

Then it works.

I think that this is a bug.
Alex Glennie
Honored Contributor

We're looking at it ..... but it's time to go home soon in the UK , I'll let you know what HP's scripting guru's think tomorrow am -hopefully.
Bill Hassell
Honored Contributor
Solution

Known problem. The fix is to add the filename on the end:

status=$(ch_rc -l -p DHCP_ENABLE[$index] /etc/rc.config.d/netconf )

Bill Hassell, sysadmin