1752439 Members
5665 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Burning .iso images

Karthik_sg
Frequent Advisor

Burning .iso images

Hi all,I downloaded RHEL4 with active subscription.Now when i double click on that and i can archive the files.The sames files are burnt to the cd.So when i boot with this cd RHEL doesnt setup doesnt start up.ANd its been clearly mentioned that it is the RHEL4 os.So it is suppose to boot up .SO is this correct or something that i should do to boot it up.(BIOS settings are changed to voot up from cd).
4 REPLIES 4
palaniappan.sp
Regular Advisor

Hi,
It is a ISO image?? and then it should be bootable one.
or
U can do one thing
1)First boot the m/c with bootable cd and select linux askmethod
2)Simultaneously load the RHEL4 cd on other m/c which is configured as ftp or nfs server(linux m/c)
If the m/c is windows m/c u can load the cd on that m/c thru daemon tool software.So that u can share that drive thru ftp server..

let me know if u have any issues...

Regds
Palani

Everything is Possible and Anything is Feasible if u try
~sesh
Esteemed Contributor

Hi, the file that you have burnt to disc would be an ISO image. This actually contains the contents of a disk. So if you were to extract or view the contents of an ISO image file, you can see different folders & files that you would normally find on an installation media, like the kernel, initrd image and so on.

Please check the disc you have written and see if you have .ISO file sitting on it or different files & folders. Anyway, the correct procedure is to Write a disc image, rather than a data disc or anything else in your CD Writing software.
Karthik_sg
Frequent Advisor

thanks all,it worked.I had to just right click on the file and choose the option write to disc and yes it is a bootable cd now.
Karthik_sg
Frequent Advisor

thanks.