9973 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Bus Error (coredump)

Tim Stallman
Advisor

Bus Error (coredump)

HI,

I have been developing an application using GTK and have been executing with no problems. I am using an X emulation tool (Go-Global) to get access to my X desktop from my Windows machine. I executed the application with no problems but when I executed it again I get a bus error. I changed nothing between executions. When I ssh into my machine and execute the application it works just fine. I'm at a loss as to why it works via ssh (ie a terminal session) but won't work via an X session.

Regards,
Tim
4 REPLIES 4
John Meissner
Esteemed Contributor

does this program you are running from your linux box use X? have you done an xhost to allow incomming and exported your display? or are you running an X session and a terminal window in that session and running the command from there?
All paths lead to destiny
James A. Donovan
Honored Contributor

Make sure you have recent patches installed for X.

There are a lot of examples of problems similar to yours. Most have been solved via patch updates or reinstallation of corrupted files.

http://www1.itrc.hp.com/service/cki/docDisplay.do?docLocale=en_US&docId=200000066177194
Remember, wherever you go, there you are...
Tim Stallman
Advisor

This just got stranger of an error. As suggested I added the patches available for X11 from HP. That didn't seem to help. So I added a custom icon in SAM and that seems to work just fine. The only time it crashes is when I execute it from the command line???? It's very strange :-|
Tim Stallman
Advisor

One more thing, I just executed the command from an HP Term and it works too. So it seems the problem is with the dtterm and executing via dtterm.