Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C-ISAM

C-ISAM

We will shortly be migrating our C-ISAM database (on HP-UX 10.20, 32 bit) to a new server (HP-UX 11, 32 bit). Is it possible to restore informix directly onto the server or do we need to re-install? Does anyone have HP-UX 11, 32 bit with C-ISAM Version 7.11.UC1 ?
2 REPLIES
harry d brown jr
Honored Contributor

Re: C-ISAM

I haven't tried it with 11.00/32 bit, because I felt upgrading to 11.00 and 32 bit was a waste.

BUT, I did upgrade (cold install) 11i (64 BIT mode), and RESTORED our c-isam files and applications and they worked WITHOUT compiling, linking, jumping, or screaming. Of course EVERY place is different, so I suggest you do what we did: TEST THE CRAP OUT OF EVERYTHING!

live free or die
harry
Live Free or Die
Mike Still
Occasional Advisor

Re: C-ISAM

I did a cold install of 11i 32-bit and a new install of C-ISAM. Recompiled my app after that. I would think an 11.00 system would behave the same.

If you can't do this then I would take a look at the install script and see what it does to make sure you can replicate the changes on the new install.

Installing C-ISAM was just plain easy and worked just like the old versions.. I went from 9.04 to 10.20 to 11i with the same C-ISAM.