1753278 Members
5508 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: C7000 and BL460cG7 fencing and also management ILO3 usage

frossoni

C7000 and BL460cG7 fencing and also management ILO3 usage

Hi all,
in duble C7000 enclosure i need to use ILO3 at the same time for external management (out-of band management using a customer dedicated network subnetting) and for internal fencing redhat cluster functions using internal system vlan

Is this possible ?
my i use On Board Adminisrator port for management with customer ip address subnetting and internal ILO3 interconnection (my own subnetting vlan) using the cisco integrated ip switch ?
Having two enclosure also i need to connect the On Board Administrator using the dedicated ports ?
thanks in advance
regards
Fabio
1 REPLY 1
bob_moodytx
Advisor

Re: C7000 and BL460cG7 fencing and also management ILO3 usage

With two enclosures, you can link them togehter using the Enclosure Link Connections. After they are connected, you will be able to manage both enclosures from a single OA connection.

When you connect to the OA, you will see both enclosures and you will have to check the enclosure (the one your NOT logging directly in to) and both will be presented in the OA display.

As for the Vlan question, I'm thinking I read somewhere recently in this forum that it wont work (if I understand the way you are presenting the question) but I'm not 100% sure.

Bob