108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: CD/DVD Writer

SOLVED
Go to solution
Jenna_1
Occasional Contributor

CD/DVD Writer

I'm new at this, so bare with me...I have a Compaq Evo N800C with a CD/DVD RW - I understand that I can use this drive to burn data/music to CD's, but is there software so that I can burn data/music etc. to a DVD-R. I have Roxio loaded on the system and when I go through the program there is an option for burning a DVD Data project - when I try it states that there is no DVD recordable device detected. So if there is a software program that I can use to burn to DVD's that will not negatively effect my new laptop - please response. Thanks
6 REPLIES 6
Jon Finley
Honored Contributor

What OS? 2000, XP Home or XP Pro?

Jon
"Do or do not. There is no try!" - Yoda
Mic V.
Esteemed Contributor

Jenna,

There are a couple of possibilities -- are you sure you have a DVD writer, or is it a CD-RW (CD writer) which will also play/read DVDs? I tend to think that's the case based on the message you see. If this is true, you have two choices: you can burn a CD(RW), or you can purchase a DVD writer and install it to your system.

Hope this helps (HTH),
Mic
What kind of a name is 'Wolverine'?
Jenna_1
Occasional Contributor

Just to add some more data to my previous post, I am operating on Windows 2000.

Thanks,
Jenna
Ronald Postma
Honored Contributor

You must have a DVD-CDRW drive. The following things can be put in your multibay, got it from the online manual.

1.44-MB diskette drive
24X Max CD-ROM drive
8X Max CD-RW drive
8X Max DVD-ROM drive
8X Max DVD-CDRW combination drive
40- or 30-GB hard drive
LS-120 drive
8-cell battery pack

Roxio is a little strange with there software, even if you do not have a DVD-writer in your laptop/pc there is still a option in the menu.
If you want to burn DVD's you have to
The logic of Microsoft: "Press START to shut down the pc"
Jenna_1
Occasional Contributor

I have checked and I have the 8X MAX DVD-CDRW Combo drive that was ordered with my laptop.
Ronald Postma
Honored Contributor
Solution

Then you can Read DVD's and CD's and burn CD-RW and CD-R

Hope you question is anwsered now,I'm sorry for you that you can not burn DVD's
The logic of Microsoft: "Press START to shut down the pc"