Operating System - Microsoft
1753494 Members
5381 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: CD-WRITER PLUS M820 FREEZES UP DELL LAPTOP W/ EXTERNAL CD DRIVE

Eric Schen

CD-WRITER PLUS M820 FREEZES UP DELL LAPTOP W/ EXTERNAL CD DRIVE

I'm trying to create an audio CD with HP CD-Writer Plus M820 on my Dell Latitude CS laptop. My Dell laptop is the extra sleek version and therefore only has an external connection to a CD drive.

Every time I try to invoke Adaptec's Easy CD Creator Wizard to create an audio CD, I am only able to reach the point where the Adaptec Easy CD Creator Wizard dialog box appears for me to select the source drive. I have no problem selecting any of the laptop's fixed disk logical drives. However, when I select the external CD drive where my source audio CD resides, the laptop just freezes up. It won't even begin to show the files in the external CD drive.

I suspect that there is some incompatibility or conflict between the HP CD writer and the Dell laptop's external CD drive. Hopefully, this can be fixed with some updated driver or patch download.
1 REPLY 1
Guy Draper
Frequent Advisor

Re: CD-WRITER PLUS M820 FREEZES UP DELL LAPTOP W/ EXTERNAL CD DRIVE

Eric,

as I replied to someone else on this forum, I prefer to use nero for burning cd's which can be found at http://www.ahead.de/en/Index2.htm On my old pc adaptec used to lock up the pc, but nero gets on with the job in double quick time. Give it a try you can download it and trial it for free.