6130 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

CDE

Henk Besseling
Occasional Contributor

CDE

Hi,

I want that after a period of inactivity the screens are autmatic being locked. But I don't know how to do this. In my $HOME/.dt/current/dt.resources, I have the following line:
dtsession*extension.lockTimeout: 10

But in the errorlog, I get the following error:
Fri May 11 09:03:20 2001
dtsession: Screen lock when the screen saver is turned on is not available on this server. Your screen will not be locked when the screen saver is turned on.

How can I activate this? It's a HP/UX 10.20.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Stefan Farrelly
Honored Contributor

Re: CDE

Have you tried doing it manually ? when logged into CDE click on the Style manager, then set the screensaver and screenlock timeouts to whatever you want, then save this as your home session (and select return to home session), so next time you login your lock timeouts and screensaver will be remembered.
Im from Palmerston North, New Zealand, but somehow ended up in London...
Rick Beldin
HPE Pro

Re: CDE

Automatic screen lock is only available on HP workstations and Xterminals. It is enabled by a proprietary Xserver extension which does not exist on third party Xterminals, workstations, or PC emulators. This message is an indication that dtsession is unable to initialize the proprietary extension. The extension is the HPextension, which can be seen from the output of xdpyinfo when run with the DISPLAY set to an HP workstation or Xterminal.

Alternatives would be run a program like xlockscreen in a cron job or something of the sort. This tends not to be very satisfactory.
Necessary questions: Why? What? How? When?