6009 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

CPU

Jv_5
Occasional Advisor

CPU

hi,
I am a compaq preserio user, when I play FIFA2004 using my labtop, the computer shutdown after a while. My cpu condition are listed in the attachment.
I had install a memory free program but unfortunately the problem still exist. The game acturally can stand longer like 10-15 minutes if I disable the sound. It still shutdown after that. I had turn the hibernation of my computer off and minimize the display quality but the problem still unsolved. I then use misconfig to untick all possible start up program and turn off all unnecessary program, not much use still.
The programs that had occupy near or more than 1k of memory before I end some of them when I play the games are, alg.exe, CPQDFWAG.exe, winlogon.exe, svchost.exe (afew), lsass.exe, services.exe, ashDisp.exe, ashserv.exe, msnappau.exe, csrss.exe, wuauclt.exe, msnmsgr.exe, spoolsv.exe, explorer.exe, iexplorer.exe
hope anyone can help me
thanx very much
5 REPLIES 5
harry d brown jr
Honored Contributor

Re: CPU

RAM : 256 MB Total??

You need more memory than 256MB just to run XP! I'd say you should get at least a Gigabyte!

live free or die
harry
Live Free or Die
Jon Finley
Honored Contributor

We'd ALL like to run a Gig on our Desktops/laptops, but 512Meg should work fine in this case.

The other things to look at are making sure that Directx 9.0b is patched (visit the MS update site ( http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com ) and look for critical patches.

Visit ATI's site, and make sure that you have the most current drivers for your MOBILITY RADEON 7500.

Other than that, you may be looking at a CPU heat related issue.

Jon
"Do or do not. There is no try!" - Yoda
Jv_5
Occasional Advisor

Hi everyone. I had everything done and upgrade my RAM to 512MB, so the only possible thing left should be the heat related issue since my computer is quite hot when the CPU reach 100%
Rudy_8
Honored Contributor

Hi Jv....Rudy here

I found some troubleshooting documents on support that you may wish to review. These I found using the "support and drivers" link at page top here.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/documentSubCategory?product=95164тМй=en&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&rule=9533
I do not need to know everything. I just need to know where to go to get the information.
Jv_5
Occasional Advisor

thanx for that, acturally I had already try out there suggestions... my comouter become abit faster, but that particular problem still exist.