108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: CSTM related query

SOLVED
Go to solution
Mehul5
Frequent Advisor

CSTM related query

Hello Everyone, Can anyone tell me how to enable selall and il in cstm? While collecting the cstm output in some servers it shows selall is currently disabled and in some servers il is disabled. So how to enable these two entities> Thanks & Regards, Mehul
8 REPLIES 8
Mehul5
Frequent Advisor

Hi all, Actually when I run the cstm command it comes to cstm prompt but when I run selall or il command it shows following error # cstm Running Command File (/usr/sbin/stm/ui/config/.stmrc). An unexpected error was encountered while attempting to retrieve the host info for hostname (erpabap8). This could be due to any of the following conditions: 1) The support tool daemon "diagmond" may not be running on that system. Use the STM Startup command (in the administration menu under the file menu.) 2) The remote system is running an obsolete version of STM. To communicate successfully, update the diagnostics on the remote system to STM version B.40.00 or later. 3) The support tool daemon "diagmond" on that system may be configured to only allow local connections. Check the value of the configuration parameter LOCAL_ONLY_ENABLE in the /var/stm/config/sys/diagmond.cfg file or for the existence of the /var/stm/config/sys/local_only file on that system. 4) The diagnostic system on this system may be configured to only allow local connections. Check for the existence of the /var/stm/config/sys/local_only file on this system. 5) The IP address for the system may be invalid or may not be associated with a valid host. Use a valid IP address. 6) Networking may be incorrectly configured on one of the systems involved. Verify networking by comparing 'nslookup `hostname`' with the output of ifconfig of the LANs identified by lanscan. 7) For a successful connection, UI and UUT must be compatible. More details may be available in the System Activity Log and in the syslog on that system. It may be necessary to access these using the Local Unit Under Test (UUT) logs (in the administration menu under the file menu.) Please Refer to the UI Activity Log for more details. An unexpected error was encountered while attempting to retrieve the host info for hostname (erpabap8). This could be due to any of the following conditions: 1) The support tool daemon "diagmond" may not be running on that system. Use the STM Startup command (in the administration menu under the file menu.) 2) The remote system is running an obsolete version of STM. To communicate successfully, update the diagnostics on the remote system to STM version B.40.00 or later. 3) The support tool daemon "diagmond" on that system may be configured to only allow local connections. Check the value of the configuration parameter LOCAL_ONLY_ENABLE in the /var/stm/config/sys/diagmond.cfg file or for the existence of the /var/stm/config/sys/local_only file on that system. 4) The diagnostic system on this system may be configured to only allow local connections. Check for the existence of the /var/stm/config/sys/local_only file on this system. 5) The IP address for the system may be invalid or may not be associated with a valid host. Use a valid IP address. 6) Networking may be incorrectly configured on one of the systems involved. Verify networking by comparing 'nslookup `hostname`' with the output of ifconfig of the LANs identified by lanscan. 7) For a successful connection, UI and UUT must be compatible. More details may be available in the System Activity Log and in the syslog on that system. It may be necessary to access these using the Local Unit Under Test (UUT) logs (in the administration menu under the file menu.) Please Refer to the UI Activity Log for more details. -- Information -- Support Tools Manager Version D.05.00 Product Number B4708AA (C) Copyright Hewlett Packard Co. 1995-2009 All Rights Reserved Use of this program is subject to the licensing restrictions described in "Help-->On Version". HP shall not be liable for any damages resulting from misuse or unauthorized use of this program. cstm>selall ^-- (SelAll) is currently disabled. -- cstm>il ^-- (InfoLog) is currently disabled. -- Kindly suggest the procedure to enable the selall and il parameters. Thanks & Regards, Mehul
Robert_Jewell
Honored Contributor

That output is not readable...perhaps edit your post and try again?

However, most times when STM does not start properly its due to the inability of the host to resolve its own hostname.

Try a few things:

# hostname

# nslookup <yourhostname>

That info look ok? 

View /etc/hosts and otherwise check out other network capabilities.

If you find anything wrong and fix it, you will need to restart the diagmond deamon.  Of course, if everything else looks OK, you can just try restarting it anyways:

# /sbin/init.d/diagnostics stop

# /sbin/init.d/diagnostics start

Wait about a minute or two and then try running cstm once again.

-Bob

----------------
Was this helpful? Like this post by giving me a thumbs up below!
Mehul5
Frequent Advisor

Hi Robert, Thanks for the reply and sorry for the previous error message. Actually when I run the cstm command it comes to cstm prompt but when I run selall or il command it shows following error Running Command File (/usr/sbin/stm/ui/config/.stmrc). Could not create the UI activity log (/var/stm/logs/ui_activity_log). Possible Causes/Recommended Action: File system permission problem. Use the chmod command to add search permission to all elements in the path to the file (chmod +x). Use the chmod command to add write permission to the last path element in the path to the file (chmod +w). Use the chmod command to add the requested permission to the file, (chmod +r, chmod +w, chmod +x for read/write and execute permissions respectively). Change the /etc/checklist file for the file system in the path to to the file that is read only to be read and write (rw). An unexpected error was encountered while attempting to retrieve the host info for hostname (epjava1). This could be due to any of the following conditions: 1) The support tool daemon "diagmond" may not be running on that system. Use the STM Startup command (in the administration menu under the file menu.) 2) The remote system is running an obsolete version of STM. To communicate successfully, update the diagnostics on the remote system to STM version B.40.00 or later. 3) The support tool daemon "diagmond" on that system may be configured to only allow local connections. Check the value of the configuration parameter LOCAL_ONLY_ENABLE in the var/stm/config/sys/diagmond.cfg file or for the existence of the /var/stm/config/sys/local_only file on that system. 4) The diagnostic system on this system may be configured to only allow local connections. Check for the existence of the /var/stm/config/sys/local_only file on this system. 5) The IP address for the system may be invalid or may not be associated with a valid host. Use a valid IP address. 6) Networking may be incorrectly configured on one of the systems involved. Verify networking by comparing 'nslookup `hostname`' with the output of ifconfig of the LANs identified by lanscan. 7) For a successful connection, UI and UUT must be compatible. More details may be available in the System Activity Log and in the syslog on that system. It may be necessary to access these using the Local Unit Under Test (UUT) logs (in the administration menu under the file menu.) Please Refer to the UI Activity Log for more details. An unexpected error was encountered while attempting to retrieve the host info for hostname (epjava1). This could be due to any of the following conditions: 1) The support tool daemon "diagmond" may not be running on that system. Use the STM Startup command (in the administration menu under the file menu.) 2) The remote system is running an obsolete version of STM. To communicate successfully, update the diagnostics on the remote system to STM version B.40.00 or later. 3) The support tool daemon "diagmond" on that system may be configured to only allow local connections. Check the value of the configuration parameter LOCAL_ONLY_ENABLE in the /var/stm/config/sys/diagmond.cfg file or for the existence of the /var/stm/config/sys/local_only file on that system. 4) The diagnostic system on this system may be configured to only allow local connections. Check for the existence of the /var/stm/config/sys/local_only file on this system. 5) The IP address for the system may be invalid or may not be associated with a valid host. Use a valid IP address. 6) Networking may be incorrectly configured on one of the systems involved. Verify networking by comparing 'nslookup `hostname`' with the output of ifconfig of the LANs identified by lanscan. 7) For a successful connection, UI and UUT must be compatible. More details may be available in the System Activity Log and in the syslog on that system. It may be necessary to access these using the Local Unit Under Test (UUT) logs (in the administration menu under the file menu.) Please Refer to the UI Activity Log for more details. -- Information -- Support Tools Manager Version D.06.05 Product Number B4708AA (C) Copyright Hewlett Packard Co. 1995-2009 All Rights Reserved Use of this program is subject to the licensing restrictions described in "Help-->On Version". HP shall not be liable for any damages resulting from misuse or unauthorized use of this program. cstm>selall ^-- (SelAll) is currently disabled. -- cstm>il ^-- (InfoLog) is currently disabled. -- Thanks & Regards, Mehul
Mehul5
Frequent Advisor

Hi all, Sorry for the previous posts but I am unable to post the messages in a systematic way. Can anybody help me out. --Mehul
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor
Solution

>I am unable to post the messages in a systematic way.

What are you using for cut&paste?

Use Post Options > Edit Reply to edit your posts and add the line breaks.

You can also attach .txt files.

Mehul5
Frequent Advisor

Hi Dennis, Thank you for the help but I am still unable to edit my posts because it is not showing the any options when i click on post options. regards, Mehul
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>I am still unable to edit my posts because it is not showing the any options when I click on post options.

It should be the first in the menu.  And you need to be logged in to see it.

Mehul5
Frequent Advisor

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the solution but in our system it is not reflecting as diagnostics but as diagnostic.
But anyways it helped me.
-----Mehul