4317 Online
108723 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Calendar Sync tool

Andre_19
Occasional Advisor

Calendar Sync tool

Hi all

We are a team doing business in different companies. Now we would like to have one common electronic calendar for our team. We are looking for some groupware-tool or solution that enables us to forward calendar-entries or synchronize all calendars in an efficient way. Did anybody here have a similiar problem and found a solution? Please let me know.
Cheers
Andr??
So long and thanks for all the fish
6 REPLIES 6
Lance Brown
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Calendar Sync tool

With both Notes and Outlook you can schedule meetings with a group of people. It sends them an email with the details. So everyone has their own calendar but information can be shared across them all. I never tried it with Outlook, but with Notes you could view another persons calendar.

Lance
Robert Thorneycroft
Valued Contributor

As mentioned in the post above this can also be done in Outlook, and you do get the same type of email notification of calendar scheduled events to all involved parties.

To all intents and purposes I noticed no differences when converting from Notes to Outlook, both appear to do the job equally well.

Hope this helps a bit.

Robert Thorneycroft
Chuck Ciesinski
Honored Contributor

Andre'

As someone else has indicated, with LotusNotes, you can share a common calendar, have your own calendar, and read or write to someone else's calendar(provided you grant permissions). We've been on 'Notes for over 9 years.

My $.04 for inflation,

Chuck Ciesinski

PS. Our LN is running on a SUN cluster with EMC disc storage..

"Show me the $$$$$"
Andre_19
Occasional Advisor

Hello

Thanks for your tips on this. But I forgot to mention, that we are a team, that works in different organizations and companies. Thats the actual problem, because we all work with different Outlooks, PDA-Calendars, etc. at the same time. We would wish for a solution, that enables us, to synchronize all these calendars in an efficient, secure and reliable way.

Thanks
Andre
So long and thanks for all the fish
Robert Thorneycroft
Valued Contributor

You are heading for a world of trouble if you do not all come to a common agreement and decide on a common package to run.
Our company tried this with notes and outlook and things never worked properly. It was about 3 months before notes was completely replaced with Outlook and all of the problems immediately disappeared.
This is not to say in any way that Outlook is better than notes it is just the majority of our organisation were using it so it made more sense to migrate the notes users rather than vica versa.

I hope this helps,

Kind regards,

Robert Thorneycroft
Chuck Ciesinski
Honored Contributor

Andre'

I concur with Robert, make a 'business decision' across the various organizations to standardize on a single email and calendar tool. It will save all the organizations time and money in the long run over software support and technical support.

My last $ .04 (USD) for inflation,

Chuck Ciesinski
"Show me the $$$$$"