4630 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Can We have a new Category

Shahul
Esteemed Contributor

Can We have a new Category

Hi

A number of scripting related questions are coming to forum everyday. I was thinking that, If we have a category for scripting, it will be easy for everyone.

now some of the scripting related questions are asked under "System Adminiostration", Some of them are under "General". If someone who is interested in Scripting, he has to go and keep searching for these questions and answers. I hope everybody got my Idea, What U say..???

35 REPLIES 35
James Beamish-White
Trusted Contributor

Re: Can We have a new Category

I agree with the need, if my 2c counts ;-)
GARDENOFEDEN> create light
H.Merijn Brand (procura
Honored Contributor

I then finally could add a star to my profile :)

I follow HP-UX in general, not being the "general" category, but all HP-UX categories, so I realy don't care. I'd use it though, if appropriate.
Enjoy, Have FUN! H.Merijn
Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

Like Procura, I follow the HP-UX general thread so, as long as scripting stayed under HP-UX general, it wouldn't matter to me. I do find it annoying when questions that I'm interested in get moved and I have to chase them into other categories but presumably that would not be the case here.

Pete

Pete
Stefan Farrelly
Honored Contributor

Good idea but I find there are far too many categories already - impossible to monitor them all.

I favour a reduction in the number of categories. The more categories there are the more dispersed questions become and the less replies you receive.
Im from Palmerston North, New Zealand, but somehow ended up in London...
Steven Sim Kok Leong
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Come to think of it. How do the moderators actually shift postings from one category to another. Is it tedious or is it as easy as drag-and-drop (I doubt so)?

How is it done? Thanks in advance. Regards.

Steven Sim Kok Leong
Peter Kloetgen
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Shahul,

a very good idea in my opinion. You are right, scripting questions are posted here very often, and i like them most of all....

A scripting forum would be greatly appreciated!

Allways stay on the bright side of life!

Peter
I'm learning here as well as helping
Justo Exposito
Esteemed Contributor

Hi,

I'm with you, interesting idea.

Regards,

Justo.
Help is a Beatiful word
Alan Casey
Trusted Contributor

This is a great idea, it would also help for searching the forums for information on scripting.
V. V. Ravi Kumar_1
Respected Contributor

hi,

u r right, i think it will be very useful for persons who like scripting, better if Dan and Co look after it.

regds
Never Say No