1752717 Members
5564 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: CentOS/RHEL 7 installation on Microserver Gen10 x3421

G0HerdIBG
Occasional Visitor

CentOS/RHEL 7 installation on Microserver Gen10 x3421

Just bought my first HP Microserver and got a decent deal on a Gen10 x3421.  I am using a USB key to try and install either CentOS or RHEL 7 on it and neither install sees any of the disks in the front slots.  I am using 1TB WD Caviar Green drives.  I have also tried a Seagate drive but nothing seems to work.

I have gone back and forth between EUFI and Legacy hoping that would help.  Nothing.

I am currently installing on a 500B USB drive and hope to see if the drives are visible when I fully boot.

I also looked through the drivers and firmware and did not see anything directly related to my problem.  I was going to download the SPP but couldn't igure out how to register my system manually to allow me to download the SPP.

Am I missing anything obvious or does the system not yet support RHEL 7 or CentOS 7?

Thanks for any information.

3 REPLIES 3
RaviTyagi
HPE Pro

Hello GOHerdIBG

Please find below the link for the as per your requirement .

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-a00039149en_us&docLocale=en_US

Thank you

RRT 

I am an HPE Employee

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

G0HerdIBG
Occasional Visitor

Thank you for the link. I was recently able to get CentOS 7.5 installed.  I had to turn off IOMMU (I think that was the magic setting).

I see that 7.5 is not on the list.  I am having a slight problem with Gnome and being able to fully log into it via the GDM.  Everything works up until the point I log in.  It goes into the Gnome session then freezes after about 10 seconds.  No mouse, no keyboard.

I am basically able to deal with it since it will be in my basement I will be using xrdp to get to it - so as long as I don't log into the console GUI I am ok.  Would really like to know if this is a problem with just 7.5 though.

Thanks again.

Queeg

Hi G0HerdIBG

can you please provide more information, how you get it installed there?

I have Gen10 too, And IOMMU is disabled in bios ... well, it was disabled by default, anyway.

The installation of CentOS fails

Was there anything else you had to tweak?