1752634 Members
6082 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Changed virus protection

Goin-1nsane
Frequent Visitor

Changed virus protection

I changed my virus protection as soon as my Norton free trial (what had come with my laptop), but I keep getting these annoying pop-ups telling me my Norton subscription was up. Is there anyway to get rid of it without compromising any part ofmy security system. I keep having to turn my windows firewall back on because that comes up when I go to turn it back on (the fact that Norton is no longer active). I changed because my last computer, a Dell desktop, gave me the blue screen of death 3 months after I had renewed Norton. I hope I'm posting this in the right place. Thank you.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PS- This thread has been moved from Community Feedback & suggestions to Microsoft>General - Forum Moderator

3 REPLIES 3
RASHMI
Trusted Contributor

Re: Changed virus protection

Hello,

Kindly let us know your laptop model /computer name?
Thanks,
Rashmi
Forum Moderator
Paul Tikkanen
Honored Contributor

Hi:

If you have no intention of renewing your Norton subscription, I recommend you uninstall the software by using the Norton Uninstall tool at the link below.

https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/kb20080710133834EN_EndUserProfile_en_us

Do not just try to uninstall Norton from your add/remove programs menu in Windows.

Once the software has been removed, you will not receive any of those messages any longer.

Goin-1nsane
Frequent Visitor

Hi, sorry. I'm new to the forums and I accidentally got on the For Work side as well as posting to the wrong forum. I have an HP 2000 Notebook PC. My last computer was a Dell desktop and I had renewed Norton 3 months prior to it crashing ( the blue screen of death) so on this one, after my initial free start of Norton ended I went with Webroot, which was suggested to me by Best Buy, the store I bought this computer from. The only problem now is I keep getting notices from Norton in the form of pop-ups on my desktop screen. I want to remove Norton completely, but since it came with my HP I don't want to bugger up any normal operation. It seems to be connected to my Windows firewall. If in the future I go to the wrong forum, or post to the wrong site, please let me know, I'll try not to repeat them. Thank you.