3637 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Changing email settings

Diadina Cotte
Advisor

Changing email settings

Hello All

I need to change the email settings. How do i do that on a HP-UX 10.20?? also how do i look for the inbox and retrieve the email.

thanx!
Coffee please ;-)
7 REPLIES 7
A. Clay Stephenson
Acclaimed Contributor

It would help to know which email settings you are talking about. Sendmail could have hundreds. The default location for the inboxes is /var/mail. Sendmail is generally configured in /etc/mail/sendmail.cf but you are going to have to be more specific.
If it ain't broke, I can fix that.
PIYUSH D. PATEL
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Normally it is in /var/mail

Are you using sendmail ???

see man mail
man mailx

Piyush
A. Clay Stephenson
Acclaimed Contributor

I should add that if you login as a particular user and enter the command 'mail', you should see any mail.
If it ain't broke, I can fix that.
S.K. Chan
Honored Contributor

If your own email setting the file is in your home directory (.elm/elmrc). Global email config file is in /etc/mail/sendmail.cf. Default location of mailbox is /var/mail/ which elm will read from. To retrieve from a different mailbox location run elm with "-f", example ..
$ elm -f /home/mydir/mytempmbox
PIYUSH D. PATEL
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Issue

# mail -p or -P to read your mails.

Piyush
Diadina Cotte
Advisor

Yes, the problem is that the mail file is more than 50 mb and I cannot read any mail. Also the server is not sending any mail to the configured addresses. I do need to change the configuration.

You said /etc/mail/sendmail.cf ??
Coffee please ;-)
Diadina Cotte
Advisor

I need to change the mailserver name... it is wrong and all the mails are bouncing back.

Coffee please ;-)