1753445 Members
5423 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Citrix Presentationserver for UNIX on HPUX 11iV3 IA64

Christian Schulze
Regular Advisor

Citrix Presentationserver for UNIX on HPUX 11iV3 IA64

I have a strange problem with Citrix Presentationserver (4.0.0.49) for UNIX on HPUX 11i V3 on Itanium.
Every (ctx-)command I run just hangs. Ther is no log, no debug info or anything else. The only thing I found is that in syslog there is an entry like: pid: 7795 Starting a Java process.

The same SW-Package runs perfectly under 11.11. I even found some hints in the docs of Metaframe that for an installation java 1.4.2.08 or lower (!!!) is required. Did that , but did not change anything.

Does anybody have an Idea what and where to look for some information on what is happening there ?

Thanks in advance
Christian
never touch a running system
4 REPLIES 4
Wim Rombauts
Honored Contributor

Euhm, maybe just a stupid remark, but you use the same SW-Package for 11.11 (= PA-RISC) as on 11i v3 Itanium ?
Are you running this software under Aries ? (And is your software then running the PA-RISC java on your Itanium machine ?) Or should you be looking for a different software package, specific for Itanium ?
Christian Schulze
Regular Advisor

Hi Wim,
sorry for the late answer, but I was very busy due to the replacement of a MC-Serviceguardcluster from a rp5430 on PA-Risc to a RX6600 on Itanium ...

On the old system Citrix presentation Server was runnging perfectly. After migration to the new System (Citrix is the smallest part of the whole system, but still important) Presentation Server refuses to start.

There is only one Package from citrix available (should fit for some 'ixes like Solaris, AIX and HPUX).

I found somthing in the manuals, that I should use JAVA 1.4.2.08 or lower for installation. Tried this, but with no success.
I tried to use the PA-Risc Version of Java, but no success at all.

I am almost at a point to cancel the citrix-project on Itanium and v3. I will probably have to reuse the old systems just for Citrix and then do some remsh from there to the Apps on the new System.

Citrix Support for the 'ixes is almot not there, it seems that they are focused only on Windows Systems.

Is there anybody out there running Presentation Server on HPUXv3 on Itanium ?

Christian
Christian Schulze
Regular Advisor

Well I talked to citrix and got bad news.
"Unfortunately, Presentation Server only supports the PA-RISC HP-UX servers not Itanium based servers."

But they are working on this issue.
"There are two aspects to your request. The first is that we have encountered problems of XAU operating under HPUX 11iv3 on PA-RISC. We are working with HP on these as they have all so far been binary backward compatibility issues with the 11iv3 release. For one issue HP have provided us a kernel patch to test and although that solves that issue we have other issues that require investigation.

The second aspect is support for the HP Integrity platform. At this time there are no plans to do a native port which is a decision based on the demand for support on this platform. You refer to the HP-UX Aries binary translator facility to run PA-RISC binaries on Integrity systems. We will be looking at this as a possible solution for customers using HP Integrity systems, however the HP-UX 11iv3 issues need to be resolved first.
"

Christian
Christian Schulze
Regular Advisor

so, no solution until now ...