1751975 Members
4873 Online
108784 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Clear Old Service Events

shocko
Honored Contributor

Clear Old Service Events

Is there anyway to clear old service events from the web interface? Very annoying when you have a large organization and have re-order based on date to see the events you need.

If my post was helpful please award me Kudos! or Points :)
6 REPLIES 6
toddg1
HPE Pro

Hi shocko,

Currently there is not a way to do this via the user interface.  They do age out automatically at some point, but I can understand your concern in a large organization.

If the automatic sort order was by date, newest first, would that at least help if we could make that happen before we could give you a way to clean the old ones up?

Also - could you tell me, are you wanting to just clean out based on status, or a specific date, or you just want them to be cleaned up automatically "sooner"?

Thanks - no promises, but we really like to get feedback from our users to improve the product!

I work for HPE
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
shocko
Honored Contributor

I'd like all that functionality to be honest :) ! I like the new product but for a large organization, I have a list of bugbears:

1. Cannot create dynamic groups
  2. No detailed message displayed when discovery fails
  3. Cannot clear old service events

Perhaps we could start a wishlist thread or the like and the community could express what they thing are features that require improvement? 

toddg1
HPE Pro

Hi shocko,

Let me make sure I understand what you're saying:

Cannot create dynamic groups

What I think you mean:  ability to create a group that is based on some attributes like OS, or Hardware type, etc.

Tell me how you want to USE these groups -- is this just for viewing, or ??

No detailed message displayed when discovery fails

We have heard this request before - but I would like to know what you mean by "message" -- would something like a log containing ONLY the actions taken during discovery of a single device (one per device discovered) that could show what steps were taken, and problems encountered be helpful, or did you have something else in mind?

Cannot clear old service events

This is the one we're discussing.  When you say "old" - I assume you mean only ones that have actually been closed (or had an error) -- right?

If we could tell you how to clear these out "earlier" than they do now, would that help?

I work for HPE
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
shocko
Honored Contributor

Hi,

I'll try and address each question in turn.

Dynamic Groups:

I'd lie to be able to automatically group devices base don this like 'enabled' status or result of last basic collection. For example, when I logon to to IRS I'm greeted with this:

Landing.png

Now, naturally, I click on the the red piece of the pie chart to see all my devices that have an issue but it's not hyperlinked to anywhere so not much use :(. The first thin I'm always looking for are servers that are not being collected on properly or not under warranty etc. I'd like to be able to group these automatically. Also, why can we not have contacts/sites assigned to devices automatically? 

Discovery messages:

When discovery fails, I'd like to have a reasonable summary message displayed as to why the discovery failed with the option to jump to a logs folder with detail for power users.

Clearing Service Events:

At a minimum be able to clear out closed event or archive them. I really don't care to see all the ilO4 test service event sin here! :)

Thanks for listening to my suggestions :)

toddg1
HPE Pro

Hi shocko,

Thanks for the response.  Just a few more questions.

With your idea about "dynamic groups" - from your description, it appears you just want to be able to VIEW

them in these groups.  That would be MUCH easier to implement than having operational dynamic groups, for things

such as collections to be performed etc.  Let me know if I missed your meaning.

You asked why Sites and Contacts are not automatically associated with devices - I would expect that your default

site and default contact WOULD be associated with newly discovered devices -- if that is not happening, we may have

an issue.  Can you please clarify if I misunderstood?

And you're welcome for the interaction.  We're trying to make users of the product happy as we can.  Thanks for patience.

I work for HPE
Accept or Kudo
shocko
Honored Contributor

Hmm, perhaps we might have a chat about this? If you want to PM we could do an online meeting and discuss ?