108787 Solutions
New Discussion

Command View SDM 1.07

SOLVED
Go to solution
Keith Bevan_1
Trusted Contributor

Command View SDM 1.07

I intend on installing command view 1.07 onan rp54xx server running HP/UX 11i B.11.11 in the next few days.

First,I have a couple of questions for the forum :-

Can command view be uninstalled/installed whilst a VA7100 disk array & associated HP rp54xx server are in use ?

What patches are required by this install PHCO_29109 or PHCO_27632 or other?

If you have previously installed Commandview SDM 1.07 please let me know you experiences, troubles and success.

Thanks

Keith

You are either part of the solution or part of the problem
1 REPLY 1
Sandeep Mangla_2
Solution

Re: Command View SDM 1.07

Yes, you can upgrade CV SDM without interrupting access to the VA.

I installed Command View SDM 1.07 on a couple of rp5470 boxes running 11.00 and connected to a VA-7410 array, without any problems.

a) Remove 1.06 with

swremove CMDVIEWSDM HPOVSAMHA HPOVSAMJR

b) Install docs say PHCO_29108 is a prerequisite but PHCO_29108 has a Critical warning and HP recommends reverting to PHCO_26960 instead.

c) swinstall -s /tmp/cvsdm_11_00_v10700.depot CMDVIEWSDM

d) Check swagent.log to verify armdiscover succeeded, if not - run manually.

e)Verify /etc/opt/sanmgr/hostagent/config/commIpAddr.txt has primary IP address (to which hostname is bound)

f) Create user(s) [at least one must be in the Administrator group] authorized to run arm* commands

secadmin -host

(Username is "Administrator", password is "administrator")

g) Verify by running armdsp -a a (as the user authorized in previous step).

h) Restore existing access.dat & ContactInfo.txt & merge older and new versions of PanConfigParams.txt

i) Ensure WEBSERVER_ENABLED=false in PanConfigParams.txt (if Web access to Comnand View GUI is not allowed).