Servers - General
1753672 Members
5710 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Compaq Series 4110 KVM Problem

David Lutz_1

Compaq Series 4110 KVM Problem

After having many smaller, consumer level KVM units fail, my work recently acquired an older Compaq Series 4110 KVM.

Once it was installed, we ran into a slight problem. On the attached computers, the mouse does not function correctly. Looking under the menu/version, the mouse often appears disabled but even when it does show enabled it does not function.

We have tried at least three computers, running both XP and Vista. We have replaced the KVM cords, and tried at least three mice.

Interestingly enough, the mouse works to navigate through the Print Screen menus.

Is there some sort of software update or trick to get this working correctly?
4 REPLIES 4
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

check firmware and update it if needed
David Lutz_1

First off, thank you for your reply.

I did look around for updated firmware but I've had no luck at finding the latest version firmware for download. If you could point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it.

I'm not at work right now so I can't get the firmware revision off of it, but I'll gladly try upgrading the firmware if I can find a newer version for download.
David Lutz_1

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like my KVM switch has firmware listed on that site. The part number I pulled from the unit is 242809-003, which according to various websites is the same as the 242697-001 model.

However, I don't see any firmware for that part number on the page you linked me to. I'm beginning to think updated firmware for this particular KVM is simply no longer unavailable.