1752678 Members
5929 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Comparision of Kernal Parameters of HP-UX 11.11 and HP-UX 11.23

coxandkings

Comparision of Kernal Parameters of HP-UX 11.11 and HP-UX 11.23

Dear All,

we are using Oracle Applications 11.5.8 on server HP-UX 11.11 . Now Planning to switch the Application to server HP-UX 11.23.

But I have observed that there are major difference in valus of parameters.

Some of the parameters which are in 11.11 are not the part of 11.23 or vice versa.

So, Please let me know on which base can I change parameter.?

FYI...Oracle doesnt recomend HP-UX 11.23 for Oracle Applications 11.5.8. It is working on HP-UX 11.11,but we have already installed HP-UX 11.23 on our new server.

Waiting for your reply.

Regards,
Gaurav
4 REPLIES 4
Asif Sharif
Honored Contributor

Hi Gaurav,
--FYI...Oracle doesnt recomend HP-UX 11.23 for Oracle Applications 11.5.8. It is working on HP-UX 11.11,but we have already installed HP-UX 11.23 on our new server.

--->If your application is not compatible with HP-UX 11.23 then you need to install compatible one e.g. HP-UX 11.11.

Regards,
Asif Sharif

Regards,
Asif Sharif
Yogeeraj_1
Honored Contributor

hi Gaurav,

if the version of Oracle Application that you are planning to install is NOT certified AND this is a business-critical application, then it is preferrable that you do not proceed any further.

The problem that may arise when you later encounter a BUG. Oracle Support will not be able to help you fix the issue.

I would also suggest that you contact Oracle Support to get an indication on when it will be certified on this environment.

Concerning kernel parameter changes, you canoot just compare between two different environments. You will need to go through your product installation documentations for the recommended settings.

good luck!

kind regards
yogeeraj
No person was ever honoured for what he received. Honour has been the reward for what he gave (clavin coolidge)
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>Some of the parameters which are in 11.11 are not the part of 11.23 or vice versa.

If it no longer exists, there is no need to set it. In some cases the parms may have changed names, like 11.31's unified cache obsoleted dbc_m??_pct.
coxandkings

Dear Asif,

I have asked such question because to clarify that by changeing parameters on 11.23 which are different from server 11.11, Are we able to use Oracle Application 11.5.8 on server 11.23.

Does any one have brief idea regarding parameters of 11.11 and 11.23.

Regards,
Gaurav