1753514 Members
5287 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Compatibility between HP-PB SCSI card and HSC F/W SCSI

mace

Compatibility between HP-PB SCSI card and HSC F/W SCSI

Hi,

I would like to build a cluster including one K360 server and one K380 server. Here are the SCSI cards we've got on both nodes:

node A K360 server: HP-PB Differential SCSI;
node B K380 server: HSC F/W SCSI.

Can we use these different scsi interfaces for the cluster inter-connection to share disks arrays ? Is there no risk of instability due to SCSI compatibility problems after building the cluster ? Is there any limitation if we mix these interfaces ? Did someone already have built a cluster with such SCSI intefaces ?

Thank you for you help.

BR,

Fabien
3 REPLIES 3
Alexander M. Ermes
Honored Contributor

Hi there.
I would not rely on the PB interfaces. You should have FWD scsi interfaces on both machines. Just try to find out, whether your HP-PB cards are FWD.
Rgds
Alexander M. Ermes
.. and all these memories are going to vanish like tears in the rain! final words from Rutger Hauer in "Blade Runner"
mace

Hi,

according to HP software support, it should work normally as we connect the HP-PB SCSI card of the K360 server to one SCSI point on one jamaica disk array of the K380 server. The SCSI bus of this jamaica array is then terminated to the FW SCSI card of the server. What is your opinion with these precisions - I think the important point is that there is no direct connection between the two cards ? Did you have bad experiences with HP-PB SCSI interfaces ?

Fabien
Alexander M. Ermes
Honored Contributor

Hi there.
Ok so far. It is verified, that all interfaces for the cluster shared disks are FWD.
Now you can connect the Jamaica box to both servers and setup the cluster.
No, i do not have bad experience with HP-PB interfaces. On the contrary, we are still running an old I70 with these cards and it is ok. Just wanted to assure, that the crads are all FWD.
Yes, you are right. No direct connection between the cards. One server to one scsi connect point on the Jamaica box.
Go ahead and good luck.
Rgds
Alexander M. Ermes
.. and all these memories are going to vanish like tears in the rain! final words from Rutger Hauer in "Blade Runner"