Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configure dual boot on nx9420

Philippe Andries
Occasional Advisor

Configure dual boot on nx9420

Hi,
I have a nx9420 with a 100GB sata drive.
I reinstalled Win XP and created 2 partition (75 and 25 GB, both visible on WinXP disk manager.
But when I try to install FedoraCore5 or any other Linux distro, it sees only one huge partition of about 100GB.
I would like to have both Linux and WinXP running on this system
Any help more than welcome.
Regards
4 REPLIES
Ragu_3
Trusted Contributor

Re: Configure dual boot on nx9420

Have you tried Debian Etch, the latest netinst iso burnt on to a CD? It has SATA support.

http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/etch_di_beta3/i386/iso-cd/debian-testing-i386-netinst.iso
Debian GNU/Linux for the Enterprise! Ask HP ...
Ivan Krastev
Honored Contributor

Philippe Andries
Occasional Advisor

Thanks to both of you for your help, but I found the solution myself.
I booted on fedora, used linux rescue at boot.
Then using parted, I deleted the 25G partition.
Reboot in normal fedora. The 25GB were now in the status free, so I could install fedora there and it runs like hell.
Quite easy after all.

Philippe
Philippe Andries
Occasional Advisor

see latest reply