Congratulations to the new graduate Mark Syder

SOLVED
Go to solution
Antoniov.
Honored Contributor

Re: Congratulations to the new graduate Mark Syder

Mark my congratulation
... just for curiosity
what drink do you refer in your signature?

Antonio Vigliotti
Antonio Maria Vigliotti
Robert-Jan Goossens
Honored Contributor

Congratulations Mark,

This is one I could not miss :-)

It is always a pleasure reading your posts, and not only because of your technical skills. Where would this forum be if the member├в s themselves do not have some fun :-)

Hope we will keep on reading your post in the future.

Friendly salute,
Robert-
Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

I almost missed this one too!

Well done, Mark - congratulations!

Pete

Pete
MarkSyder
Honored Contributor

Hi everybody.

Thanks to everyone who's added to this thread since I last thanked people. If any else adds to it, please take it as read that this post is thanking you as well.

I'm pleased with every single message on this thread, so I hope no one minds if I single out a few people for personal reply:

Mark - the post you enjoyed was on a thread where someone else had congratulated himself on his first cap. I knew when I got mine that it was customary to wait for the wizard's hat, so I was happy to let it slip by unnoticed. Not that I object to people congratulating themselves: I'm just clarifying.

SEP - It's nice to be told that the forums need and appreciate me. It's especially nice when the comment is made by one of the top five point-earners.

Kim - if I can make jokes about people coming, I'm sure you can say tinkled!

Antonio - cider is an alcoholic drink made from apples. I don't know if you have it in modern Italy but it was certainly known in ancient Rome. During a Latin lesson one day (giving my age away - I went to school when Latin was taught!) for want of anything better to do, our teacher told us all what our surnames were in Latin. He told me that the ancient Romans had an alcoholic apple drink which they called mermum.

I took this signature from a character called John Coffey in the film The Green Mile - one of my favourite films. I use it because I have an irrational hatred of people who put an "n" between the "s" and the "y" of my surname. Do they not know how rude it is to accuse me of not being able to spell or pronounce my own name?

Must go now - as this isn't work-related I'm writing it in my dinner hour. Lots to do before I finish, and I'm going early today because I've got tickets to see The Who in Birmingham :-).

If any of you out there like The Who you might like to see my John Entwistle tribute page: http://www.marksyder.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/jaetribute.html

I assume I'm allowed to put that link there as it's not a commercial site. If I'm not allowed, I'm sure someone will tell me.

Thanks again.

Mark
The triumph of evil requires only that good men do nothing