Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
General
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting to database in DBA Studio OMS Mode

dps
Occasional Advisor

Connecting to database in DBA Studio OMS Mode

I go into DBA studio, choose Login to the OMS, enter username and passwrod with my management server selected from drop down list. Then I get the VTO 440.

The servcies shows agent running (although DOS does not (C:\>lsnrctl dbsnmp_status
The db subagent is not started
) ). The OMS service I atart manually.

So what is happening??/
DPS
2 REPLIES
Manuel P. Ron
Frequent Advisor

Re: Connecting to database in DBA Studio OMS Mode

Db subagent must be started in the system with database installed. Do you have it installed in DOS? Because this is a UNIX forum (HP-UX forum, exactly). I guess not but need confirmation...
Crash programs fail because they are based on the theory that, with nine women pregnant, you can get a baby a month. - Wernher von Braun
dps
Occasional Advisor

Re: Connecting to database in DBA Studio OMS Mode

How can I check that it is installed in DOS?
DPS