4135 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Connection Time out in Squid

Safiullah

Connection Time out in Squid

ERROR
The requested URL could not be retrieved

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While trying to retrieve the URL: http://us.rd.yahoo.com/reg/login0/no_suli/ssl_lib/us/ym/*https://login.yahoo.com/config/login?

The following error was encountered:

Connection Failed
The system returned:

(10060) WSAETIMEDOUT, Connection timed out.The remote host or network may be down. Please try the request again.

Your cache administrator is webmaster.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Generated Fri, 22 Jul 2005 04:34:49 GMT by qtaadc01.valnet.net (squid/2.5.STABLE10-NT)
4 REPLIES 4
Stuart Browne
Honored Contributor

Re: Connection Time out in Squid

Things to check:

Make sure 'qtaadc01.valnet.net' (your proxy host) can resolve 'us.rd.yahoo.com' (although in reality, you should have gotten a different error if that was the case).

The check that from your proxy host, you can 'telnet us.rd.yahoo.com 80' (make sure the server is responding to your pxoy host).

It doesn't appear to be an issue with your proxy host however.
One long-haired git at your service...
Bejoy C Alias
Respected Contributor

This is normally a temporary dns problem or ur proxy server timed out to connect to the yahoo machine due to some network pblms like ur proxy got disconnected from the isp temporarily . I think u r getting this error once in a while.
Be Always Joy ......
Gopi Sekar
Honored Contributor

it should be more of temporary issue (DNS problem, Internet connectivity down etc).

If it is permanent, then you may have to check your internet connectivity and your firewall policy.

Regards,
Gopi
Never Never Never Giveup
Safiullah

I have found solution
using never_direct

thanks to my one friend.

Regards