1753863 Members
7626 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Copy dtc configuration

Travis Paakki_1
Occasional Contributor

Copy dtc configuration

I am building a new server to replace an older one, however the plan is to shutdown the old one, drop the newer one into place and use the older dtc. Can anyone tell me how I can copy the dtc configuration between two servers?

Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
Michael J. Sabal
Occasional Advisor

Re: Copy dtc configuration

I assume that this is not the only configuration you are moving, so I'll also assume that the means of transferring files has already been determined. That said, the dtc configuration files are stored in /etc/opt/dtcmgr. The dtc manager programs are stored in /opt/dtcmgr/sbin. For your own server's unique setup, I would suggest examining the init.d and .profile scripts to see if any other configuration files are explicitly specified (for example, remote printer daemons).

HTH,
Mike Sabal
Rodney Hills
Honored Contributor

Re: Copy dtc configuration

If you have the exact same HPUX systems, with the exact same dtc manager software, then you could copy the configuration files from /var/opt/dtc to the new system. Then use the "dtcquickswitch" command to switch control of the dtc over to the new server.

The alternative is to extract the detail information on the dtc configuration (use dtclist) and generate scripts to rebuild the configuration. You must add the dtc as a new configuration on the new server, then using "dtcmodifyconf" you can make the necessary "port" configurations.

HTH

-- Rod Hills
There be dragons...