Operating System - Linux
1752284 Members
4568 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Could everyone help on"Non Fatal error on ida/c0d0"?

Iris_4

Could everyone help on"Non Fatal error on ida/c0d0"?

Dear all,

Have everyone know what is the meaning of kernel message "Non Fatal error on ida/c0d0"

Linux version: 2.4.7-10
Server: DL360.

Costomer often meet this error, could anyone kindly tell me what is the meaning and how to resolve it? Thank you!

6 REPLIES 6
Ron Kinner
Honored Contributor

All I can tell you is that you appear to have a compaq disk array which is reporting some problem. It may mean that a disk is failing or just has a bad sector but because it's an array it is able to overcome the failure.

If the problem has been happening from day one it might be a driver or config issue.

Ron
Paul Sperry
Honored Contributor

ida/c0d0 is a Compaq array controller under Linux. Could be a drive is going bad. I'd make sure it gets backed up frequently.
Iris_4

Thanks Ron and Paul. Customer has already changed the hdds and array card, but the same error message.

After searching from internet, I got some info about it. I suggested the customer to install the linux patch(cpqarrayd-1.3)...still waiting for the result...
Iris_4

no error message after installing the patch, but don't know after full-load of system, is the error message still exist...
Iris_4

Unforunately, even after installing the patch, the system show the same error message when the system has full workload...Can anyone help?Thank you very much!

Iris
cpalmer9

I was getting this same message recently on:
Kernel: 2.2.16-22
Server: DL360

I realize it's an old config, but has been reliable until recently. We then started taking drive failures. We replaced a drive and it failed during the mirror rebuild.
We ended up moving the drives to another DL360 and it has been working fine there now for several hours. We will monitor the progress.
We suspect it could be the drive cage backplane board ($106 to replace).
HTH
Christopher