Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a store procedure

Chris Frangandonis
Regular Advisor

Creating a store procedure

Hi All,

From my previous posting is was explained to me that I should create a function-based index in order to speed up my query either by using substr or right, but it cannot be done on sybase-IQ ver 12.5.
I questioned Sybase and they recommended to create a store procedure and redirect the info into a temp_table, then using the select statement to extract the info required from temp_table.

forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/que
stionanswer.do?threadId=73355

My select for procedure

select STAT_CODE ,CHRG_UNIT,C_DUR,STATUS,DATA_TP
from CE.CDR_Chris
where right(FE_F,8) >= '$3' and right(FE_F,8) <= '$4' and PART_IND !='M' and PART_IND !='Q' and PART_IND !='P' and PART_IND !='E' and PART_IND !='H' and PART_IND !='D' and PART_IND !='Y'

FE_F = only the last 8 char is required.

And my select for temp_table

select STAC=STAT_CODE , RECORDS=count(*), UNITS=sum(CHRG_UNIT*.54),DURATION=sum(C_DUR)/10,
ERROR=sum(if STATUS = 'R' or STATUS = 'C' then 1 else 0 endif),REJ_ERRORS=sum(if STATUS = 'R' then 1 else 0 endif),
REJ_ERRORS_U=sum(if STATUS='R' and CHRG_UNIT > 0 and CHRG_UNIT != -1 then 1 else 0 endif), DATA_T=DATA_TP
from CE.CDR_Chris
where right(FE_F,8) >= '$3' and right(FE_F,8) <= '$4' and $ST and $DT
and PART_IND !='M' and PART_IND !='Q' and PART_IND !='P' and PART_IND !='E' and PART_IND !='H' and PART_IND !='D' and PART_IND !='Y'
and $TSN
group by STAT_CODE,DATA_TP
order by STAT_CODE

1)How to create a store procedure?
2)Will the store procedure do the trick.

Many Thanks
Chris