Operating System - OpenVMS
1752654 Members
5560 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DECset CMS client Win32 API library....is there any update?

Kevin Hise

DECset CMS client Win32 API library....is there any update?

Perhaps this is the wrong group to post a question like this. Please steer me in the right direction if so. Thanks.

Because the DECsetSession::Terminate method crashes in what appears to be some MFC code (why it uses MFC...I don't know). The API version I have 2.1. I'm using VC++ 6 on Win2K, if that matters.

PS: My gosh. Navigating around this site is just about as difficult as can be...isn't it.

Regards,
Kevin Hise
Wow...this forum is poorly implemented.
3 REPLIES 3
Antoniov.
Honored Contributor

Hi Kevin,
Here could be a right forum either wrong forum.
CMS is a VMS product used to store and retrieve files (usually source files in a software project).
You say DECSet CMS client Win32 so I think you works on Windows client to store or retrieve files in VMS server using a network; is it this?
Please post more info ...
Describe you system and network;
Client program is written by you?
Are there any change since last right work?
If you are using CMS, can you work fine using VMS?

Waiting for your post
Antoniov
Antonio Maria Vigliotti
Kevin Hise

Yes, I am developing the app for Windows. It uses a library that comes on the "DECset Client for CMS" install disk. A .lib and .h file are all that's included, there is no documetation (that I know of).

Fortunately, I've discovered that if you open the connection using TCP/IP rather than DECnet, the Terminate method no longer crashes. This is a big relief.

The "Old Ones" around here use CMS on an OpenVMS host (I don't even know if I'm saying that right...sorry), and have done so for years, don't really know why. "Because it's there" is most likely the reason. Now it's being used to store .asp and .html files, as well as .cpp and .h files for some DLLs (part of a web-based product for MS-IIS) My task is to create a automated way of fetching from CMS and populating directories, building executables, etc.

Thanks for your interest in helping me. If you know of any update to the CMS_API lib for Win32, please let me know.

Regards,
Kevin Hise
Wow...this forum is poorly implemented.
Antoniov.
Honored Contributor

Hi Kevin,
I can't answer you because i'm reinstalling PC software and I'm having som problem to use.
It is not possible help you, because problem may be on server VMS. You should access to Open VMS to check VMS on server.
For more documentation use Search in Ask Compaq in this forum (remember click on all checkbutton); searcing Windows CMS I found some document as follow:
http://h18000.www1.hp.com/support/asktima/appl_tools/CHAMP_SRC000124001791.html
This is only example.

Good Luck
Antoniov
Antonio Maria Vigliotti