Operating System - Microsoft
1753499 Members
4344 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

DJ and DLink print server.

Scott_68

DJ and DLink print server.

I'm having the same problems. Network works fine but I can't get it to print. Have DLink DI-704P and deskjet 722C. Print job is sent, no errors are received but nothing prints either.
I'm having the same problem...
2 REPLIES 2
Dries Bertier
Respected Contributor

Re: DJ and DLink print server.

How is your dlink box configured ? What are the tcp/ip settings (manual or dhcp).How is the parallel port configured for the dlink box (ecp, auto or ...) How is connected to your network (switch or hub, 10 or 100 MB, fix or auto). I need more information !!

Dries
<< please try >>
Scott_68

Re: DJ and DLink print server.

The router is setup with DHCP enabled. The router is assigned the IP and the print job is to go to the router. Parellel cable goes right to the router from the printer. Instructions say to install print driver software, when asked for port select DLink Printer Server. Problem is this option doesn't come up. So your forced to go with the default. LPT1. Once setup you have to go back and make adustments through the printer properties. Here you can select DLink Print Server and the IP address as the port. I tried to print and rec'd an error. Print comm error I believe. Recommend rebooting which I did. Tried the Print Test Page option and it appears to work but nothing actually prints out. Can't find anything to access through the router to work with the printer. Only through the printers option then properties.
I'm having the same problem...