Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
General
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DL320 G6: Search driver for the controller B110i SLES11

FRAD_1
Occasional Visitor

DL320 G6: Search driver for the controller B110i SLES11

Hello,

i want to install SLES 11 on my Proliant DL320 G6 (Smart Array Controlle rB110i)...

I activated the onboard Raid Controller and builded 2 arrays (4 hdd)...

Were can i download the driver for the controller? SLES10 shows all 4 hdd in the setup - i don´t see the array?!?!

Any ideas
2 REPLIES
Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor

Re: DL320 G6: Search driver for the controller B110i SLES11

You'll need this:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=3929672&swItem=MTX-949d7898462041d69252bc9846&prodNameId=3929673&swEnvOID=4048&swLang=13&taskId=135&mode=4&idx=1

This was found from the standard location for support downloadables for HP Proliant products:

http://www.hp.com/go/support
-> select "Download drivers and software (and firmware"
-> type in your model (i.e "DL320 G6") and press Enter
-> select your OS
-> in this case, look for category "Software - Driver Diskettes". After the basic OS installation is done, you might want to install other stuff too for your convenience (at least check out "Driver - System Management" and "Software - System Management")

MK
MK
Daniel Frazier
Frequent Advisor

Re: DL320 G6: Search driver for the controller B110i SLES11

The hpahcisr driver is required to access the B110i controller as a RAID device.

This driver is not yet available for SLES11, but it should be available soon on hp.com - please check back around mid November.

You can of course use these devices with the open source drivers provided by SLES11, and the distribution-provided software RAID support. But, be warned that there is no migration path to the hpahcisr driver, other than a backup/restore of all of your data.

Also note that hpahcisr is currently available for SLES10.