Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLKM

SOLVED
Go to solution
James Odak
Valued Contributor

DLKM

hmm what is DLKM?
i am seeing some messages in a file
/var/adm/msgbuff

they read

WARNING: modpath: DLKM is not initialized
WARNING: modadm: DLKM is not initialized
repeated each a few time

any ideas?
4 REPLIES
Rita C Workman
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: DLKM

I am guessing you may have made some changes to your kernel recently. Here's some info I found on this...hope it helps:

Normally this error indicates that the current version of the kernel does not match the current version of the symbol table symtab in /stand/dlkm.
This can be verified with the following command:

echo mod_initialized/D | adb -k /stand/vmunix /dev/mem

You can resolve this issue by using the following procedure:
1. cd /stand/build
2. /usr/lbin/sysadm/system_prep -s system
3. mk_kernel -s system
4. kmupdate /stand/build/vmunix_test
5. shutdown -r 0

Note: Do not use reboot.

John Palmer
Honored Contributor

James,

I had this problem and looked it up on the Knowledge base. It's likely that the kernel '/stand/vmunix' does not match the running kernel. DLKM is a kernel module.

Have you regenerated the kernel and deferred a reboot? If so, then either reboot to get the new kernel or move your /stand/vmunix.prev to /stand/vmunix to revert your kernel.

Hope this helps,
John

James Odak
Valued Contributor

ahhh ok, we just moved this server to another site and changed the ip and agteway on the fly, i have since rebooted so i assumming it will be fine
thnks for the help

Jim
Tom Danzig
Honored Contributor

On HPUX 11, make sure you use kmupdate as opposed to manually copying over the new kernel.