4245 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

DRM 8.7P & Snapshot

Emad Omar
Regular Advisor

DRM 8.7P & Snapshot

Hi guys,
I need to ask if I can make a snapshot at HSG80 with DRM 8.7P at one storage Cabinet. This mean that I don't need to make the snapshot to the other site, only at the same site. Is it possible and how ???
The OS is OVMS V7.3-2.
Note that this storage is live and I don't need to loss the data.
Also please give me your suggestions to make a Backup at one point in time.
Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4
Mark Poeschl_2
Honored Contributor

Re: DRM 8.7P & Snapshot

'Snapshot" normally refers to a point-in-time copy of a disk volume. It MUST be in the same storage array as the source data. Creating snapshots requires the 'S' variant of ACS, not the 'P' variant.

If what you really want is a continuously updated copy of the source volume, then DRM ('P' variant of ACS) is your answer. If you had two separate storage arrays mounted in the same 'storage cabinet' you could create a DRM replication target. You cannot perform DRM replication to a target in the same storage array.
Emad Omar
Regular Advisor

Thanks Mark.
Yes I have only one storage area at one cabinet and the Array Software Version is ACS8.7P . So from your reply it means that I can make a snapshot . Please give me the necessary steps to do that.
Thanks again for your reply . . .
Mark Poeschl_2
Honored Contributor

I am not sure if the 'P' variant supports creating snapshots and don't have any way to check that out. If it does the command would be:

ADD SNAP

If you don't have the ADD SNAP command then you'll need to switch to the 'S' variant of ACS.
Emad Omar
Regular Advisor

Thank you Mark for your kind information. I think there is no need to change the variant to "S". I found that 8.7P is supporting snapshot feature.