New Discussion юеВ

Dart49 and Oracle 9i

SOLVED
Go to solution
Rick Garland
Honored Contributor

Dart49 and Oracle 9i

Hi all:

Getting ready to install Oracle 9i on HPUX 11.00 system. A requirement is for Dart49, the June 2000
patch bundle.

First question, there some other patches listed for installation - I have gone through the replace/depend process to get the latest patches. Now if I install a patch bundle from June 2000, will those patches be gone?

Also, if I do need the Dart49, where can I retrieve it? Seems to be too old to download.
3 REPLIES 3
harry d brown jr
Honored Contributor

Re: Dart49 and Oracle 9i

Rick,

Shouldn't the March 2002 bundle already have "DART49" (what the hell is that anyways?).

live free or die
harry
Live Free or Die
harry d brown jr
Honored Contributor

Rick,

Patch PHNE_25579 Supercedes PHNE_15415 (which references DART for 11.00). Some type of LAN stuff, eh?

live free or die
harry
Live Free or Die
Bill Hassell
Honored Contributor
Solution

DART = Delivery Application Release Train (now isn't that special?) It was only to be used as an HP internal FLA but it leaked out (mostly from the folks that wanted to keep it a secret)

DART 49 (as you observed) is VERY old and Oracle 9i is VERY new so I would not feel comfortable at all degrading the opsystem to such an old revision. The problem is that many application vendors do not update their documentation for host systems. I would use the latest Application CDs (dated 2002) and make sure you have patches from SupportPlus dated 2002 or no earlier than Dec 2001.

Bill Hassell, sysadmin