1748259 Members
3593 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion

Deleted a user and it deleted my bank information

Jean Marie Kirby
Occasional Contributor

Deleted a user and it deleted my bank information

I thank all who replied, and some asked for more information. I have Compaq Presario PC using Windows 2000XP. I was using Quicken 2005 First Time User because it was on my computer and I had been using 2003 basic. It warned if I deleted a user, email and some personal information would not be saved. It was involved to back up on my computer with a disc so I thought back up on computer was fine, that is what I had been doing. I also had brought the financial information into the user I was going to use and gave it administrative powers which I took away from the one to be deleted. After I deleted the user I could not find the Quicken file. I went to restore my computer to previous dates and it restored but it does not change or restore personal documents. I tried everything and looked everywhere and I afraid I have given up but I lost very important information and have a huge job. I only find back up that I could use to mid-2006. I started this computer and program in January 2006 and have backed it up on computer. But the computer is a little involved to back up on disc especially when copies were read-only. I do appreciate all who answered and tried to help.