Operating System - Microsoft
1752805 Members
5301 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Deleted keyboard manager

Christina Linder

Deleted keyboard manager

I accidentally deleted the keyboard manager for my Pavilion xt938. Is there any way for me to download the program or reinstall it? Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2
Jon Mattatall
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Deleted keyboard manager

I apologize if this shows up multiple times, but it didn't seem to take last time....

Hi there.....

Are you sure of the Model ###? I couldn't find any reference on HP's list of Pavilions....

Anyway, if you've got the recovery disks:

Insert the second (or third) recovery CD in the CD-ROM drive and wait for the Install window to open.
Click the Device Driver tab.
Place a dot next to HP Multimedia Keyboard or HP USB Multimedia Keyboard and click OK.
When the Keyboard Manager software is finished reinstalling, click Restart and remove the CD.
Click OK.

The driver will be on the 2nd (or 3rd, if you've got 3 disks) recovery CD.

Your other chice is to go to HP's drivers/downloads page -
http://www.hp.com/cposupport/software.html
and search for your model # and "keyboard driver"
I did some quick checking, but didn't see an xt938 - there's a link for 930, etc. though.

HTH

Jon
A little knowledge is dangerous - none is absolutely terrifying!!!
Spirited Woman
Advisor

Re: Deleted keyboard manager

You have two different options. One, you can perform a system restore to a date that was before you deleted the keyboard manager. Go to Start, All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, System Restore. Click Next, choose the date to restore to. You will need to reinstall any programs installed since that date. This may work. If it doesn't, you can try selectively reinstalling that software. Go to Start, All Programs, Hp Tools, Application Recovery. Choose HP Keyboard. That should reinstall the software for the keyboard software.