5702 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Device Mng shows Oteher Devices and 5 Yellow/Black exclamation point

SOLVED
Go to solution
Alan Davis_2

Device Mng shows Oteher Devices and 5 Yellow/Black exclamation point

I had to reinstall XP and when I did I discovered that I had a problem in Device Mng. Ethernet Cntrlr,Multimedia Audio Cntrlr,PCI Simple Comm. Contrlr,USB Cntrlr, and Video Cntrlr (VGA Compatible) all show up in the "Other Devices" area and all have the black/yellow Exclamtion point. I obviously cannoit connect to the Interner because of this nor am I able to adjust the Color scheme (stuck on 16m colors). Help if you can. I will provide additional info as soon as I get a bite. Thanks.
6 REPLIES 6
Robin_37
Trusted Contributor

Hi Alan

Could you please mention the product details

Regards
Ron Kinner
Honored Contributor
Solution

As Robin says we need your model number in order to point you to the exact software download. You are missing the Chipset Install software which tells XP about the details of your motherboard. On some systems they call it the System Enhancement Disk. Once that is installed XP will probably be able to figure out what to use for most if not all of them. Assuming you are using an HP or Compaq product you should be able to find it by going to:

http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/support.html

Then click on Download drivers and software and type in your model number and press >>. Then select XP and see if you can find Intel Chipset Support/Install or Systems Enhancement Disk. Download and install them and then reboot and see what happens.

Ron
Alan Davis_2

Thanks Robin and Ron. You have pointed me in the right direction and now only have a problem with "PCI Simple Communications Controller" and "Universal Serial Bus Controller". I have an Evo D510 PC. I cannot find anything that stands out as a software fix for my two remaing issues. Could you be so kind as to once again point me in the right direction. By the way what do this two problem items control? I have USB connectivity (am able to use Thumb drives. Regards.
Jim Kisco
Trusted Contributor

You might want to go to the intel.com website or call intel. They might have some better ideas to get these missing USB drivers associated to the CPU.

Jim
Alan Davis_2

Problems are no more. Thanks to all especially to Ron for showing me the link for the drivers. You have made one person extremely happy.
Alan Davis_2

Thanks to the help from Robin, Jim, and especially Ron, my problems have been corrected.