7402 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion

Devices will not be deleted from IRS 7.0.5 if I delete devices in SIM

micke_christen
Advisor

Devices will not be deleted from IRS 7.0.5 if I delete devices in SIM

Hi all!

I have the HPSIM adapter instlled in IRS and all my devices was imported nicely in IRS.

But even when I have ticked the checkbox besides "Automatically sync new/deleted devices from HP SIM" all devices is still in IRS when I delete them from HPSIM.

Is this a bug??

Best Regards

/Micke Christenson

Micke_Christenson
1 REPLY 1
EricL
Frequent Advisor

Re: Devices will not be deleted from IRS 7.0.5 if I delete devices in SIM

Hi,

This action doesn't cause the device to be removed from the Insight RS product, rather the enabled state is set to false (unchecked in the UI).  The primary reason for this is if you have a periodic discovery configured that includes this IP address, then the device would be picked back up and registered back with HP again.  This approach allows Insight RS to keep the device in a disabled state until you explicitly take an action to re-enable it (or delete it).

If you want to delete the device from I-RS, navigate to the device in question (click the link in the Devices view) and select the 'Delete Device' button in the Status section. 

Or, if you just don't want to see it in your Devices view, you can select to 'Show only enabled devices' (checkbox under the table).

Thanks,

Eric

I am an HP Employee.